LIMIT ONE KNIFE. IF YOU TRY TO BUY MORE THAN ONE, WE WILL CANCEL ALL ORDERS! DO NOT BUY FOR OTHER PEOPLE OR HAVE OTHER PEOPLE BUY FOR YOU. READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS PRIOR TO ORDERING (you won't, but don't say we didn't warn you after we cancel your order):
- LIMIT ONE KNIFE.
- LIMIT ONE PER HOUSEHOLD (this means don't have your wife, kids, or dog order another one). Not kidding on this one, boys and girls. DO NOT BUY TWO FOR ANY REASON.
- DO NOT BUT A KNIFE FOR YOU AND ONE FOR SOMEONE ELSE IN ANOTHER HOUSEHOLD. They can buy their own gear. We will cancel both orders.
- No Pay Later options. Payment must be captured at the time of the order. If you don't pay at checkout, we will cancel your order immediately. We have turned these types of payments off until these are sold out to minimize issues at checkout. If your Credit card info does not work on our standard payment gateway, it almost certainly means the address you are using with us is not verifying against what is on file with the card association database - or your bank does not support standardized card verification processing - and it will not go through. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO QUICKLY VALIDATE THIS INFO. Read more about this in our program and site policies.
- Local Pickup is turned off while these are for sale. Too many people who are not local select that method trying to be 'fast' at checkout, and then we spend the next 3 days getting shipping rates pulled and paid for while other orders are delayed. For the 2 local people that might actually get one and pick it up from the shop, just pay for the shipping at checkout, then let us know if it's going to be local pickup and we'll hold things and refund the shipping.
- If there are delays to your order (payment issues, shipping issues) it WILL push your order processing to the back of the queue. We ship orders that are ready to rock, then deal with hold-ups.
- If you want to change your order after it is in the system, it will absolutely delay shipping it. We have to prioritize ready-to-ship orders, so if ANYTHING needs changing (from fixing a spelling error, adding a unit number or ANYTHING) it will delay shipping so do not expect it to go out in the normal time frame.
- If you can't add to cart, we are sold out. Even if the stock status shows "in stock" - if the product cannot be added to the cart, it means all available stock is allocated in already placed and paid for orders. This situation is generally met with a "Qty not available" error message. The site cache refreshes every so often (as does your browser's), and once it does the "in stock" message will go away.
Please read the Monkey Edge Product Limit Policies for more details. If you think there is some legitimate scenario where you can order more than one - you are wrong. If you try to be sneaky, we will ban you. If some error happens and you somehow place more than one on order, you REALLY need to reach out to us ASAP to get things checked and cleared up before we cancel any apparently offending orders. We actively monitor these orders coming in for duplicates to cancel in hopes of getting cancelled orders restocked before the product sells out.
Don't be stupid. If you think you are doing something that might be against the rules or is a a little shady, you probably are. We are going to cancel orders with NO MERCY this time. We will be going over every order with a fine tooth comb. We don't care if you have spent $20 or $200,000 - break the rules and we'll cancel your order.
For several years, the Monkey crew bribed and sweet-talked the Chris Reeve Knives crew into doing a project with us. After many years, they got tired of us and figured it would be easier to just make us somehting and be rid of us. Little did they know, that if ya give us a taste, we're gonna want more! Anyways, when it came time to figuring out "What" the Monkey Edge project would be, it was kind of a no-brainer. We landed on the Umnumzaan as the perfect base for the project because it is the biggest, baddest 'workhorse' folder in the CRK lineup and that is right up our alley. The frame is a perfect place for FRAG's, giving extra grip and killer looks with a 'bolstered' design. The presentation side features the MEFP logo, and on the lock side sits the Maverick Monkey in all his glory on the lockbar stabilizer disk. Meant to be used, abused and ready for anything, this mean Monkey will serve you for years.
Umnumzaan (pronounced um-num-zahn) means sir, mister, or boss in Zulu and is the result of Chris Reeve Knives experience in making a framelock folder for more than 30 years. With its textured beefy titanium scales and its stonewashed, double hollow ground tanto blade, it is ready for any task.
The Umnumzaan incorporates some features from the time tested Sebenza with a beefier build:
- The ball detent not only keeps the blade closed as on many folders, but also acts as the interface for the lock up.
- Oversized pivot design for maximum strength. Now streamlined to use commonly available hex tools
- Lock bar tab makes it easier to unlock the knife, especially useful with gloved hands.
- The thumb studs act as the stop bar and uses the Hawk innovation of adding O rings to absorb the shock of hard openings.
- Glass breaker on end when blade is closed.
- Lockbar over travel stop to protect the lockbar form being over sprung